About Me

My photo
KK, Sabah, Malaysia
Simple guy with passion to life and interest My life is here and there

Sunday, July 12, 2009

An old man in MRT train

Some stories that I've forgotten long time ago and I never share it to other people is due to my negligence instead of my unwillingness to share. Here's a story which really happens to me, simple yet meaningful.


This morning, when I was taking MRT to Bugis, there was an old man who just boarded and of course, in MRT train, the old people should have priority to have a seat.

However that old man smiled and told me that:"Is alright for me to stand. I would like to stand till the last stop because I will fall asleep if I sit down. Anyway, still a long journey to Bugis and I'm sure there will be other people will let the seat for me.."

When I heard it, I was quite shocked and I felt a bit sorry for him because as young people, I have the responsibility to give the seat to them.
He continued the conversation by telling me his story and among the line he told me, I remember the most was the line which sounds :" Life should be happy, whether you are rich or not, health is the most important one and with good health , you can make money."

Listening to this, suddenly I had a lesson which I forgot long time ago...is him, who recalled all the lessons I learnt before.
He said, we should be happy always no matter what.
Even the situation is bad, we have to encounter it no matter what.


A stranger who can tell me that much topic, I think is no one but him. An old man in MRT train.

No comments: