About Me

My photo
KK, Sabah, Malaysia
Simple guy with passion to life and interest My life is here and there

Friday, July 23, 2010

Mistakes- I would like to post it in Freakonomics

Everyone makes mistakes......No one can avoid doing those stupid and simple things..
It has been in our lives and we always engage with this kind of situation..For example, I just went back from a forum regarding to the distinguished alumni's achievement...

One of the speech, given by the chairman of the forum I guessed...He said:" we are proud to have the distinguished alumni's list in an increasing trend....blah blah blah....." " one of the sitting distinguished alumni was skiing from Singapore TO Antartic"

Well, is there any mistake in the sentence??
If you are just purely listening to what the chairman said, it's truly not wrong at all..
But, rationally, did anyone build a bridge with permafrost on top of it range from Singapore to Antartic? That's a huge project we are talking about...

Well, a simple English sentence structure mistake I bet he made... Or I mistakenly remember that that was not what he tried to convey...
He tried to said :" ..... skiing across the Antartic..."...that might sound more rational..
To be honest, I don't really agree to have a construction object built across the sea...huge project and spend quite a lot of money...

This simple mistake that I captured and listed down throughout the forum...This was what I got..
"Skiing from Singapore TO Antartic!"....from a professor...you can see....professor still make mistakes...So, don't we feel ashame when we do the same thing, do we?

And also, there's a quite funny thing to share...Once you want to climb Mt Everest, and touchwood-ly saying you found yourself die so soon and there's something like this...
Ok....I won't go and do such thing in my life anymore because I really appreciate what I am doing now...and Mt Kinabalu gave me a lot of satisfaction, what's more I want anyway?



Well....for the forum I attended just now...it's simply ok and I found that most of the forum like this are too individually cored... namely it is just emphasized in individual / self improvement...
I would like to see something new...like team work thingy...and also about some amusing things like what I have read recently in the Freakonomics and Soccernomics...really interesting if you have time to read it..

No comments: