About Me

My photo
KK, Sabah, Malaysia
Simple guy with passion to life and interest My life is here and there

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mid Autumn Festival

He looked excited with the mooncake
Lanterns
The Mid Autumn Festival is a yearly celebration by Chinese around the world. This year, the celebration was a bit different for me because I was given an honour to bring my foreign country friend, Johan (left), a Swede who is interested in Chinese culture! There were a lot of activities going on, such as games, the Chinese riddles under the lantern (灯谜), mooncake making, stage performance, handicraft, the modernized fortune teller and so on.
Mooncake with “圆” on it
So, we took the lantern for free at the entrance of the garden. I also brought him around the garden to look for interesting activities. One of them was mooncake making. It's weird that we made the mooncake and we can't eat it because the event organizers mentioned it's due to hygienic reason and it's better not for us to consume. Well, we did the reverse thing. Eventually, Johan and I ate it. And for the first time, he made his own mooncake and me too! The word on the mooncake was “圆”,physical meaning is round, literally means reunion. It is a truly meaningful word and yet, I haven't explain the meaning to him.
At that night, I was very happy because I did something great to us (Chinese). I introduced the culture, the meaning, the origin and the activities of the MAF to a foreign friend. This is truly an honour for me, the ambassador.

1 comment:

EmiNarcissus said...

节日快乐呢>_<~感觉今天好多在国外的人放图都是月饼~当时是自己的做的cookie,现在月饼也好买多了~