About Me

My photo
KK, Sabah, Malaysia
Simple guy with passion to life and interest My life is here and there

Sunday, November 8, 2009

How to stay awake in lecture theatre ??

Honestly, I am having a miserable semester where I cannot fully focus in the studies and the events I handle.

Outside the lecture theatre(what we call is LT) , I am really energetic and do anything I want.
However, in the LT, I can't stop making myself falling asleep especially after lunch time!!!!
Shit!!! Anymore vulgar language I want to spread ?!!! I just can't focus in the class and now I really mess up my whole year 2 studies!!

I need some stimulus to make myself alive in the LT....
Got someone told me to drink Yomeishu...which is a good solution to my problem, anyway, I am not really interested in buying those because I am not that old to consume it.
Is sleeping late at night got to do with it?


Last few weeks, I conducted experiment on myself and it proved that when we sleep late at night, we will easily fall asleep after lunch time especially in LT...can't focus anymore and then, just no more energy to continue. Plus, after lunch time, I don't know what happen anyway, the stomach tends to be warmer and make me feel asleep. So, such experiment conducted tells me that, if I don't eat lunch, just eat fruits, maybe can make me stay awake in LT...

Secondly, the professor's voice is another factor that can cause sleepiness....
Low frequencies sound...especially in Civil engineering courses, all the professors are man and their voice are damn low....low frequencies sound is hypnotizing!!!!

While high frequency is better a bit but still cause me to sleep in the end....(@$%%@$#@&)

So, currently, I am still struggling with this problem...I won't let this happen next semester and I am sure that, this semester all subjects taken sure die....

3 comments:

chang's blog... said...

~Sleep at 9~Wake at 6~

Guarantee fresh and happy the whole day!

Don't screw up your studies, man! That is why you are in Sg!

*and don't treat yourself as a white mouse...

Steven Gerrard said...

hope can really sleep at 9pm...got so lot of things to do....u will know why I sleep at 12 when u come and experience it....I really don't want this but......been forced to become like that....

Unknown said...

According to a survey done by us, 75% percent of our coursemates admitted falling asleep at least once during lecture. Yet, our research fails to show any correlation between falling asleep during lectures and academic performance. This leads to one possibility: Although most of them fall asleep during lectures, they compensate for that by doing readings of their own after class, hence the habit of dozing off doesn't really matters as long as you studied the equal amount.

Another thing. Try reducing your meal amount but increase the frequency. E.g. 5 light meals instead of 3 heavy meals. When you consume large amount of food, most of your blood are shunted to your gastrointestinal tract (i.e. your stomach),causing you to be sleepy.